LaserLine Laser Rod 10' + 10ths w/Cut & Fill - GR1000
What is a Direct Reading/True Elevation Grade Rod?
The Direct Reading or True Elevation (also known as Lenker style) is a grade rod with a movable tape face allowing you to set the actual benchmark elevation, or any elevation, above or below the bench into the rod. The actual true elevation above sea level is read on these rods, thus eliminating errors caused by adding or subtracting. Since NO math is involved, grade shots are much faster than conventional style rods. There are 16 different models to choose from!
- Aluminum front and rear rods. - Made of high strength clear anodized aluminum for lightweight rugged, dependable operation. They will not rust, split, splinter swell or warp in any environment.
- Tape has heavy duty matte textured mylar face. - Easy on the eyes in bright sunlight. Protects the tape numbers from wear and fading.
- Tape lock grommets are oversized. - Heavy duty brass. Greatly minimizes the problem of tape tearing.
- Detector rail is black, high density, U.V.stabilized for long life. - Specifically designed to not become brittle when exposed to ultraviolet rays or direct sunlight.
- Solid tape lock with internal brake slide. - Stronger, trouble-free operation.
- Tape lock pin cannot puncture tape. - Designed not to tear puncture or rip tape when pushed against tape face instead of the grommet hole.
- DuPont nylon parts. - Tough and rugged for long-lasting life. Same material used for ski bindings and motorcycle parts.