SubSurface Instruments LD-12 Professional's Water Leak Detector
Easy-to-use water leak detector optimized for ground "miking" on streets & concrete slabs
The LD-12 water leak detector is a very easy-to-use detector, featuring six filters that allow the unit to screen outside noise and zero in on water leaks. The LD-12 is a must for every water utility as it's the professional’s water leak detector.
Standard includes amplifier with meter display and filter controls, ground microphone and hand switch, aviation-grade stereo headphones and heavy-duty ABS plastic carrying case.
- Considered one of the best leak detection locators for the price.
- Large meter display, allowing the user to pinpoint the exact location.
- Six selectable filters, split into three "low side" filters and three "high side" filters.
- High-sensitivity ground microphone and low "electronic noise" amplifier combine to offer the best quality sound leak detection.
- Three accessories for pinpointing a leak. Ground plate, Magnetic base and Contact rods.
- Large meter display (with backlight) of sound loudness, allowing the user to pinpoint the exact leak location.
- Light weight amplifier, weighing only 31 ounces, with a padded carrying case and a strap.
- Six selectable filters, split into three “low side” filters (100Hz, 200Hz, or 400Hz) and three “high side” filters (600Hz, 800Hz, or 1200Hz).
- "Limiter" switch which cuts off all loud noises greater than 110dB. If you drop the sensor, you won't hurt your hearing.
- "Filter-Thru" switch, which turns OFF all of the amp’s filters, allowing the user to hear all sounds from 50Hz to 15,000Hz.
- High-sensitivity ground microphone and low “electronic noise” amplifier combine to offer the very best quality sound for leak detection.
- Three accessories for attachment to the sensor:
- Ground plate for pinpointing on streets/slabs
- Magnet base for surveying at hydrants/valves
- Contact rod for surveying at meters/fittings
|Size:||6.7" x 2.8" x 4.1" (17.0 cm x 7.1 cm x 10.3 cm)|
|Weight:||2.0 lbs (0.9 kg)|
|Input Power:||Six (6) "AA" dry cell batteries|
|Battery Life:||1) 28 hours with backlight OFF (alkaline cells)
2) 14 hours with backlight ON (alkaline cells)
|Frequency Range:||1) 100 Hz to 1200 Hz (13 dB) with Filter-Thru OFF
2) 15 Hz to 30,000 Hz (13 dB) with Filter-Thru ON
|Power Consumption:||1) 70 mA or less with backlight ON
2) 35 mA or less with backlight OFF
|Input Impedance:||50,000 ohms|
|Output Impedance:||15 ohms|
|Amplification:||62 ±/- 3 dB|
|ABS Carrying Case Specifications|
|Size:||18.5" x 14.6" x 7.5" (47.0 cm x 37.1 cm x 19.0 cm)|
|Weight:||16.4 lbs (7.43 kg)|
Write Your Own Review